"With Pomp, Power & Glory the world beckons vainly, In chase of such vanities why should I roam?While Peace & Content bless my little thatched cottage,And warm my own hearth with the Treasures of Home."*Beatrix Potter

Thursday 28 August 2014

Celebrating Tasha Tudor Day

                                 Tasha Tudor Day 2014

Photo from my Richard brown book's.


                                 Today Tasha Tudor would have been 99 years old.

             The day is drawing to a close here in England & what a wonderful day we have had remembering Tasha Tudor.
                                                     

The twins & I celebrated by watching the Take Peace dvd, reading many of her books, painting, a dolls tea party & enjoying a lovely cup of English tea with a piece of fruit cake.

 
I do love boiled fruit cake. This is the cake I will be making for Christmas but with marzipan & royal icing on.
 
 
These are a selection of the twins books, the Christmas one's we only read in December.
 
 
Painting in Tasha Tudor style.
Such concentration from Mary.

 
They are always together.


Kitty loves to paint, she says she is going to be an artist when she is a big girl.
I wish she wouldn't become a big girl, this age is so perfect.

 
Here are their finished paintings.

 
How many hours have I spent going through these books again & again!
 
 
Dolls tea party.
It was so wet today so they had to play indoors.
 
 
I do enjoy knitting, back done & am on the front now.
 
 
So such inspiration, Tasha taught me to be happy in the way we live & be comfortable in who you are.
 
Photo taken from my Richard Brown books.

 
 We are not the only one's celebrating, so please pop over to Rookery Ramblings for their blog link up.
 
Hope you all enjoy this post, we had a wonderful day.
Fondly Michelle

 
 
 
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle
    I enjoyed such a cozy and delightful visit today!! Your home is soooooo WONDERFUL!! I am looking forward to visiting here often!
    Happy Tasha Tudor day!!

    Thank you for your visit today, and I am your latest follower :-D
    Many Many BLESSINGS, Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Linnie for your kind words, I have just started the blog & I am really enjoying it, I have much to learn though.
    Happy Tasha Tudor day to you too.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle--- so nice to meet you and what a lovely blog! I love seeing your girls' paintings--- they did so well! They are beautiful! And your knitting looks so cozy too :) Hope you had a wonderful, warm, and restful Tasha Day! I'll be back to visit!~ heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS-- I have two king charles cavaliers! Henry and Franklin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What lovely names for your dogs. Thank you heather for your lovely comments, I am learning as I go along as I have never done a blog before.

      Delete
  5. Happy Tasha Tudor Day my friend.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tribute to Tasha Tudor. I look forward to reading your other posts. -Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Michelle,
    Happy Tasha Tudor Day!
    I love your girls painting together and the books too.
    We have so many the same in our home and love to look at them over and over.
    Blessings
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobby is a cavalier too, I must get a photo of him on the blog.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful post today. I'm a Tasha fan too . I'm following you now so I'll be back. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a beautiful home, I think it is exquisite! I am also a UK based fan of Tasha, first discovering her in the early 1990's. I am so happy I found your reply on Cathy's Morning Musings ~~~waving~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to have found a English fan of Tasha Tudor. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  11. What a lovely way to celebrate Tasha Tudor's birthday. Your daughters paint beautifully! Maybe they'll be the next Beatrix Potter and Tasha Tudor. It must be so much fun to have tea with them. I just became a grandmother to a little girl this year after having 3 sons. Who knows, by the time they get too old to want to play tea party you'll have granddaughters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on becoming a Grandmother Cathy, I can't wait to become one. Thank you for your kind words about the blog, I am really enjoying doing it & I hope other enjoy it too.

      Delete
  12. Hello Deborah,
    I am so happy to have found another English fan of Tasha Tudor.
    Thank you for your beautiful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Michelle,

    What a lovely Tasha Tudor Birthday Celebration you and the girls had! The paintings that the girls did are very pretty!

    Thanks for visiting our blog and your sweet comment!

    Your friends,
    Diane and daughter Sarah, and the dolls and Tillie Tinkham the seamstress mouse at Corgyncombe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Michelle,
    You had a lovely Tasha Tudor day:-) Your girls paintings are quite good--delightful colors! I was very lucky, I spent TT Day with Tasha's daughter Bethany-it was quite special. Played dolls and everything....LOL!
    Kindly,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have had such a special time & a day to remember forever.
      Thank you for all your kind comments.
      Fondly Michelle

      Delete
  16. I love Tasha Tudor as well. She is really such a beautiful inspiration! I loved her home and gardens!

    Your twins are adorable and their paintings are amazing! What fine work they did! :) If you have a moment and want to pop over, I would love for you to visit my blog, The Country Blossom. (the link is in my profile). I am enjoying popping around your blog to see some of your different posts! :)

    ReplyDelete